The Year of the Snake, the year of the Twerk, of Thrift Shop, the Harlem Shake and mania-inducing events of all kinds – call it what you will, one thing is for sure: 2013 was a year like no other. Spanning the worlds of entertainment, technology, politics and media, we present a few of the top images from across the GumGum platform that shifted, shaped and otherwise changed the way we viewed pop culture in 2013.
From Oreo proving real-time marketing, to Edward Snowden unveiling the truth behind today’s ‘harmless’ technology to Miley Cyrus twerking her way into the pantheon of unforgettable TV moments, 2013 set a benchmark for the incredible, salacious and incomparable events in pop culture history.
Tell us where you’d place these pop culture events on your 2013 ranking list in the comments below!
Clockwise from top left
- Breaking Bad Finale
- Edward Snowden NSA Scandal Interview
- Seth MacFarlane Hosts Oscars
- Royal Baby Prince George Greets World
- Miley Cyrus MTV Awards Performance
- Larry Page Introduces Google Glass
- •iPhone 5c Product Unveiling
- Oreo Superbowl Tweet
- North West Kardashian First Look
- Justin Timberlake Music Comeback